In Episode #149, Eric and Neil discuss how to create a first-class case study. Tune in to discover the ins and outs of a well-designed case study and how case studies will boost your marketing and draw in those quality leads you’ve been needing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a First-Class Case Study
- 00:40 – It is important to have a data that stands out
- 00:55 – Be specific with numbers
- 01:19 – Start your case study with the result
- 01:30 – If you’re doing an SEO, start with the results
- 01:48 – Neil’s sample headline is “Neil took me from $600K a year to $15M a year”
- 02:00 – Break down the solution
- 02:20 – Show people how they can do it too—not just screenshots
- 02:58 – Break down the form fields into multiple steps to get to the most relevant leads
- 04:11 – Conversion-Rate-Experts.com has in-depth and well-designed case studies
- 04:30 – Find a good presentation or PDF design with Dribbble and 99designs
- 04:40 – Neil was paying $20,000 a month for CRO services
- 05:10 – They created a lot press and got great leads
- 05:25 – Case studies can be left open
- 05:48 – “They key is not getting a lot of leads, it’s getting quality leads.”
- 05:50 – Look at your competitors case studies
- 06:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Thoroughness in a case study is what drives the most qualified leads.
- Data is the most significant part of a case study – make sure it stands out and is executed well.
- Look at the case studies of your competitors to give you a starting point for your own format.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...