In Episode #149, Eric and Neil discuss how to create a first-class case study. Tune in to discover the ins and outs of a well-designed case study and how case studies will boost your marketing and draw in those quality leads you’ve been needing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a First-Class Case Study
- 00:40 – It is important to have a data that stands out
- 00:55 – Be specific with numbers
- 01:19 – Start your case study with the result
- 01:30 – If you’re doing an SEO, start with the results
- 01:48 – Neil’s sample headline is “Neil took me from $600K a year to $15M a year”
- 02:00 – Break down the solution
- 02:20 – Show people how they can do it too—not just screenshots
- 02:58 – Break down the form fields into multiple steps to get to the most relevant leads
- 04:11 – Conversion-Rate-Experts.com has in-depth and well-designed case studies
- 04:30 – Find a good presentation or PDF design with Dribbble and 99designs
- 04:40 – Neil was paying $20,000 a month for CRO services
- 05:10 – They created a lot press and got great leads
- 05:25 – Case studies can be left open
- 05:48 – “They key is not getting a lot of leads, it’s getting quality leads.”
- 05:50 – Look at your competitors case studies
- 06:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Thoroughness in a case study is what drives the most qualified leads.
- Data is the most significant part of a case study – make sure it stands out and is executed well.
- Look at the case studies of your competitors to give you a starting point for your own format.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...