In Episode #249, Eric and Neil discuss how to create a seamless checkout process. Your processes can easily make or break a sale. So what defines a seamless checkout process? Eric and Neil provide you with first-hand advice for how to clean up your checkout—from design to making sure that your audience is informed each step of the way.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a Seamless Checkout Process
- 00:40 – Make the checkout process as simple as possible
- 00:49 – The more friction you cause, the more difficult it is to convert people
- 00:55 – The book Don’t Make Me Think will teach you about how to design your processes in a user friendly way
- 01:17 – The more you get people engaged, the more they are likely to finish the checkout process
- 01:51 – You can also email people who didn’t complete their checkout, so that they can convert to a sale
- 01:58 – If you want to build a relationship, integrating a live chat is a great option
- 02:13 – You can use Intercom
- 02:27 – Make your pages mobile-optimized and responsive
- 02:52 – Amazon’s checkout process
- 03:55 – The seamless process only works if your audience knows what they’re doing
- 04:02 – Make sure your audience understand your product and what they’re buying
- 04:25 – Keep the users informed of each step within the process
- 04:53 – Make the experience consistent
- 05:05 – The speed also takes plays a part in the overall experience
- 05:30 – Make it easy for people to go back to where they left off
- 05:42 – The Marketing School is giving away 5 annual copies of Ahrefs this week
- 05:51 – Subscribe, rate and review the Marketing School Podcast
- 05:55 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 06:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make the checkout process as easy and simple as possible.
- A seamless checkout process only works if your audience knows what they are doing.
- A consistent process creates the best experience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...