In Episode #333, Eric and Neil discuss how to create a target prospect list. Tune in to learn how a target prospect list is different from a simple prospect list. You’ll also see how a more targeted list creates a greater chance of conversion and stronger customer retention rate.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a Target Prospect List
- 00:57 – Find That Email helps you find email addresses
- 01:10 – Eric uses this for their prospect list for SEO purposes
- 01:20 – If you’re in the B2B space, you can generate inbound leads through SEO and content marketing, but the leads aren’t always targeted
- 01:46 – If you have a target prospect list, your marketing team can go after them and hit all the relevant leads
- 02:05 – To get relevant leads, look at your competitor’s customers
- 02:10 – You can go to Upwork and hire someone to check who’s using your competitor’s product and create a list for you
- 02:36 – Once you have the list, marketing should send them the emails
- 02:45 – Create ad campaigns on LinkedIn targeting specific companies or people
- 02:52 – Uploading an email list and doing targeted ads on Facebook is also an option
- 03:00 – Having a targeted list lowers the cost of your ad expenses because with just 1 closed deal, your ROI is high
- 03:23 – It takes time to get into the mind of the consumers and you have to show them your product consistently before they convert
- 03:47 – JustReachOut is good for finding the right journalist that you’re looking for
- 04:36 – Datanyze will show you everyone who’s using your competition’s product
- 04:50 – You can enrich the leads who opt-in on your email and reach out to them based on the technology they’re using on the website
- 05:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The chances of closing a deal is higher with a target prospect list.
- Customer conversion takes time—you have to be consistently on the top of people’s minds.
- Reach out to your target prospect list on every platform or channel.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...