In Episode #37 Eric and Neil discuss the value of a good infographic. Neil has seen more traffic and backlinks from infographics than from anything else. Learn how you can create an all-star graphic that drives up traffic on your site.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – What goes into creating a viral infographic
- 00:40 – Links effect Google rankings
- 00:53 – Take complex info and make it visual, and people will link to it.
- 01:15 – Your rankings will skyrocket
- 01:30 – For Neil, backlinks and traffic have come mostly from infographics.
- 02:00 – There are a lot of crappy infographics.
- 03:17 – The first step is to get good data.
- 03:28 – Get a researcher off of Upwork to collect and outlined data.
- 03:45 – Don’t have more than six main points.
- 04:05 – Flow these points into a story.
- 04:25 – Publish the blog and get an embed code generator so that people can share your graphic.
- 05:00 – You need to go to Buzzsumo to find a good topic.
- 05:25 – Upwork is a great way to keep your costs low.
- 06:08 – Their friend uses 99designs for his infographics.
- 06:30 – How did your infographic go viral?
- 06:45 – Find data from other sources.
- 07:00 – See who shared that original data on Ahrefs.
- 07:20 – Email those people to ask them to share your infographic.
- 07:52 – Reach out to people that linked to the original article.
- 08:40 – Think about repurposing your infographics
- 09:00 – It makes it worth the time and money.
- 09:38 – That’s the end of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t make crappy infographics.
- Contact people who shared the original source of your graphic, and invite them to share your design.
- If you use infographics effectively, your site’s rankings will skyrocket.
- Visual.ly and Dribbble – See examples of good design
- Upwork – Hire researchers and designers
- Buzzsumo – Find a good topic for your infographic
- 99designs – Another tool to hire designers and get inspiration
- Ahrefs – See who’s sharing certain articles and posts
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...