In Episode #168, Eric and Neil discuss how to create content that people actually search for. Creating content that grabs an audience and attracts visitors requires some effort on your part, but where do you start? Tune in to find out what drives people to keep reading and how you can create content that is worth the search.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create Content that People Actually Search For
- 00:43 – Shawn Ellis mentions that SaaStr gets 3M visitors per month
- 02:04 – Use Google Keyword Planner, KeywordTool, UberSuggest, and AnswerThePublic.com for keyword research
- 02:47 – If you have a team, grab them and ask to brainstorm on a certain topic
- 03:15 – You hire a team for a reason
- 03:30 – Neil shares information from Jason Lemkin’s Quora Q and A blog
- 04:29 – Neil checks Jason Lemkin’s website visitor count
- 05:08 – Use Market Muse to upgrade your content
- 05:29 – Google is looking for topic relevance
- 05:40 – Look at your search feature
- 05:55 – A chat feature like Intercom helps you to see what people are searching
- 06:05 – Survey your audience and check your top performing posts
- 06:30 – “Creating cornerstone pieces of content is what generates the most traffic”
- 07:12 – Wikipedia is a good example
- 07:40 – Don’t just create content, creates amazing cornerstone pieces of content
- 08:05 – Eric shares why OkCupid’s blog stands out
- 08:28 – Think about a unique spin that can make you stand out
- 08:38 – SaaStr is getting more than 1 million viewers, but maybe not 3M
- 09:52 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use your TEAM – brainstorm how to make great content that attracts viewers.
- Creating cornerstone pieces of content is what generates the most traffic.
- Think about a unique spin that can make you stand out.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...