In Episode #361, Eric and Neil discuss how to create engaging Instagram story ads. Instagram is an effective tool that can be leveraged for your marketing strategy, but you need to know how to use it right. Tune in to learn how you construct an effective Instagram story and why Instagram is more beneficial for increasing brand awareness than it is for ROI.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create Engaging Instagram Story Ads
- 00:55 – Instagram story ads are the ads that pop up in between Instagram stories
- 01:04 – Instagram story ads are similar to Snapchat story ads
- 01:15 – The only time that Eric watched an Instagram story ad was when it was from Brendon Buchard
- 01:21 – Brendon made his story ad look like the usual Instagram story
- 01:38 – It was a selfie video where Brendon was teaching
- 01:58 – Target who you need and want
- 02:33 – Your conversion will go up if you’re targeting the right profiles
- 02:40 – Most ads aren’t relevant to a person’s profile
- 02:58 – It is more advantageous for you to try and get 10K followers and above
- 03:11 – The swipe-up option is powerful and you can push people directly to your website
- 03:18 – Every Instagram ad needs to run for a long time for it to be effective
- 03:27 – Instagram is more for branding
- 03:42 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Olark which is a live chat software tool
- 03:56 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:59 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444 for those in the US
- 04:04 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Any ad on Instagram needs a long period of time to work, there’s no instant ROI.
- Create Instagram story ads that are natural and don’t feel or look like an ad at all.
- Stay relevant to your target profiles.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...