In Episode #486, Eric and Neil discuss how to create the perfect “About” page. Tune in to learn how to have an About page that resonates with people through storytelling, connecting emotionally, and giving readers next steps to follow.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:28] – Today’s topic: How to Create the Perfect About Page
- [00:35] – The Single Grain About page describes our process, who we have contributed to, and our core values.
- [01:12] – Neil’s About page is a story. Storytelling is one of the most powerful forms of marketing.
- [01:21] – Create a story with an emotional punch and you are more likely to convert those people into customers.
- [01:44] – Also give next steps about what people should do after reading your story.
- [02:30] – The story needs to resonate with people.
- [02:49] – Neil’s About page used to have an image of Neil and things he liked, such as tacos.
- [03:16] – Think about how to connect and resonate with people.
- [03:25] – We speak at conferences to connect with people and find their story.
- [03:35] – That’s it for today!
- [03:37] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool. Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy.
- [03:49] – You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...