In episode #1214, we share our top tips for crushing a speaking opportunity. The key is to find out exactly who your audience is so that you can tailor content accordingly. Tune in to hear some great advice for interacting with your audience and getting hold of their contact details!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Crush A Speaking Gig.
- [00:49] The importance of developing your own voice and presence.
- [01:12] Keeping in mind that your goal is to promote your brand, and get more business.
- [01:35] How you can quickly expand your email list and collect leads.
- [02:17] Getting connected with an intimate group through a cool LinkedIn feature.
- [03:32] The benefits of frequently publishing content on LinkedIn.
- [03:38] Knowing what kind of audience you will address and tailoring your message accordingly.
- [04:02] Why you need to constantly engage with your audience: talk with, not to them.
- [04:20] Ideas for interaction: asking questions, making jokes, etc.
- [05:03] Avoid talking about yourself too much and having a long bio.
- [05:13] Asking the event organizer for more information on the audience, and avoiding cliches.
- [06:07] The advantage of asking people to text you to get the presentation notes.
- [06:33] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1296, we talk about how to drive more paid sign-ups in your sale funnel. Funnels are the all-important part of your sales system and you need to optimize yours in order to get maximum cust...
In episode #1295, we run through our list of highly recommended tools to help you get your brand and message out there. From email service providers to the best text message tools on the market, we sh...
In episode #1294, we give you the inside scoop on Neil’s course funnel so that you can apply it to your business. Using an email to drive your audience to a webinar and following up with a week-long...