In Episode #87 Neil and Eric highlight how you can deal with Google updates. Listen to learn why not all slide-down in traffic is because of algorithms, why you don’t have to worry when there’s an update, and the importance of having a checklist in case there is an update.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to deal with Google updates
- 00:35 – Neil doesn’t deal with updates
- 01:01 – Stick to creating a website that’s best for the user
- 01:13 – Don’t worry about specific updates
- 01:17 – Dealing with the updates if you have a negative traffic
- 03:26 – Make sure you have a holistic strategy
- 04:23 – Make sure you have other leverage points
- 04:34 – Drop from traffic doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an algorithm update
- 06:42 – Make sure your processes are documented
- 06:48 – Google traffic update checklist so you know what to do
- 07:18 – Search engines and social media platforms all have updates
- 07:31 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You don’t have to worry about updates when you’re doing nothing wrong.
- A slide in traffic doesn’t mean it’s because of new algorithms.
- Get a checklist and have a back-up plan in place.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...