In episode #828, we discuss how to deal with Google’s algorithm. Tune in to hear what you can do if your traffic slows down because of changes to the algorithm.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Deal With Google’s Ever Changing Algorithm
- [01:17] When traffic tanks, Neil likes to check Search Engine Roundtable.
- [01:22] Also check out forums like BlackHatWorld to see what the chatter is.
- [01:40] Unless you see huge tanks, there is not much you can do.
- [01:52] The most important thing you can do is diversity your traffic.
- [02:10] This will put you ahead of the game, instead of dealing with problems after your traffic tanks.
- [02:40] When Gmail released the “Promotions” tab, Facebook saw a dip in traffic, because their emails were getting sorted out of the inbox.
- [03:25] CYA and diversify right out of the gate.
- [03:45] Even when things are going well, it can’t last forever.
- [04:18] The people who typically get hit by changing algorithms are people who don’t focus on SEO.
- [04:37] Every year, you should be updating your content.
- [05:30] Look at data from different sources to determine if action is necessary.
- [05:42] Overall, having an omni-channel approach is key.
- [06:00] Don’t just assume you’ve been penalized when your traffic slows.
- [06:11] That’s all for today!
- [06:17] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...