In episode #828, we discuss how to deal with Google’s algorithm. Tune in to hear what you can do if your traffic slows down because of changes to the algorithm.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Deal With Google’s Ever Changing Algorithm
- [01:17] When traffic tanks, Neil likes to check Search Engine Roundtable.
- [01:22] Also check out forums like BlackHatWorld to see what the chatter is.
- [01:40] Unless you see huge tanks, there is not much you can do.
- [01:52] The most important thing you can do is diversity your traffic.
- [02:10] This will put you ahead of the game, instead of dealing with problems after your traffic tanks.
- [02:40] When Gmail released the “Promotions” tab, Facebook saw a dip in traffic, because their emails were getting sorted out of the inbox.
- [03:25] CYA and diversify right out of the gate.
- [03:45] Even when things are going well, it can’t last forever.
- [04:18] The people who typically get hit by changing algorithms are people who don’t focus on SEO.
- [04:37] Every year, you should be updating your content.
- [05:30] Look at data from different sources to determine if action is necessary.
- [05:42] Overall, having an omni-channel approach is key.
- [06:00] Don’t just assume you’ve been penalized when your traffic slows.
- [06:11] That’s all for today!
- [06:17] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...