In Episode #57 Neil and Eric talk brands, specifically, how many you should have if you want to be successful in your efforts. Listen as they explain why brand diversification is not only unnecessary in most cases, but how it can actually damage your business.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s topic: How to Decide if You Need Separate Brands for Your Business
- 00:35 – If you’re creating different products and they’re not related at all, obviously you need different brands
- 00:45 – Having said that, you put SO much into building a site and brand, why not bring everything under one umbrella?
- 01:28 – Talking about QuickSprout
- 02:12 – The brand split wasn’t intentional
- 02:35 – Crazy Egg was such a different concept, it couldn’t merge with QuickSprout
- 03:10 – Most people create too many businesses
- 03:39 – Focus on your CORE business until it flat-lines
- 03:55 – Talking about Growth Everywhere versus Single Grain
- 05:05 – Just look at all the effort Neil had to put in to build NeilPatel.com
- 05:30 – You don’t need a personal blog and a corporate blog—just do ONE
- 05:45 – And generally go corporate, because you can market and sell that
3 Key Points:
- Your time and focus are limited—that alone means rare is the time when it make sense to split brands.
- If you’ve already established a brand, domain, and good traffic volume, why divert your attention from that?
- Unless the brands/products/offerings are going to be EXTREMELY different, it usually doesn’t make sense to kick-off a new brand.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...