In episode #1082, we give you the opportunity to hear Eric’s conversation with Syed Balkhi from the Marketing School Live event to talk about how to design your thinking for unstoppable growth. Tune in to hear all about what Syed does and how he runs his business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:55] Today’s Topic: How To Design Your Thinking For Unstoppable Growth
- [01:15] Syed’s company creates WordPress plugins.
- [02:34] They have over 9 Million websites using their software.
- [04:31] Syed tries to be consistent and do the simple stuff that delivers over time.
- [05:15] Syed has personal health goals, because he gained a good deal of weight.
- [05:40] He applied a similar principle here and did the simplest things with consistency.
- [07:58] An external success gap is the gap between what the product does and what the customers use the product for.
- [10:00] An internal success gap is what your product does and what the user thinks it should do.
- [10:10] Sometimes, there are things that the product can do, but doesn’t yet, because the company hasn’t anticipated all of the users’ needs.
- [10:43] Affiliate marketing is having a commision-only sales team.
- [13:05] If someone is ranking for the best article on marketing, you can reach out to them to try out your product.
- [17:32] Syed got his first customers through his blog that already had a big following.
- [17:41] He also used influencer marketing.
- [19:01] Content marketing is still key to success and Syed leverages this to attract more customers.
- [21:56] Syed has in-house writers, because he needs people with a certain level of expertise.
- [24:45] Publish Press is a great tool for tracking content.
- [27:05] WordPress powers 34% of the web.
- [27:30] Syed sees it as the operating system of the web.
- [29:15] Hiring the right people has helped Syed, as is having a physical planner and blocking off his Fridays.
- [34:56] Syed found that building relationships (strategic partnerships) with other companies has proven successful.
- [37:40] Streaks has added a lot of value to Syed’s life; it’s a great accountability tracker.
- [38:08] The Content Template feature in SEMRush has proven helpful to his company, as well.
- [38:30] One book Syed recommends is Extreme Revenue Growth.
- [39:13] That’s it for today!
- [40:00] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1336, we chat about how AI will impact the future of digital marketing. Artificial intelligence is arguably the biggest looming area of modern technology and the future of this field of de...
In episode #1335, we share seven places that you should invest in as a digital marketer. Investing in people, branding, and education is almost always guaranteed to deliver an ROI. Tune in to hear why...
In episode #1334, we discuss seven common mistakes people tend to make when it comes to Facebook ads. Selling through your educational content is a better strategy than simply directing prospects to y...