In episode #1082, we give you the opportunity to hear Eric’s conversation with Syed Balkhi from the Marketing School Live event to talk about how to design your thinking for unstoppable growth. Tune in to hear all about what Syed does and how he runs his business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:55] Today’s Topic: How To Design Your Thinking For Unstoppable Growth
- [01:15] Syed’s company creates WordPress plugins.
- [02:34] They have over 9 Million websites using their software.
- [04:31] Syed tries to be consistent and do the simple stuff that delivers over time.
- [05:15] Syed has personal health goals, because he gained a good deal of weight.
- [05:40] He applied a similar principle here and did the simplest things with consistency.
- [07:58] An external success gap is the gap between what the product does and what the customers use the product for.
- [10:00] An internal success gap is what your product does and what the user thinks it should do.
- [10:10] Sometimes, there are things that the product can do, but doesn’t yet, because the company hasn’t anticipated all of the users’ needs.
- [10:43] Affiliate marketing is having a commision-only sales team.
- [13:05] If someone is ranking for the best article on marketing, you can reach out to them to try out your product.
- [17:32] Syed got his first customers through his blog that already had a big following.
- [17:41] He also used influencer marketing.
- [19:01] Content marketing is still key to success and Syed leverages this to attract more customers.
- [21:56] Syed has in-house writers, because he needs people with a certain level of expertise.
- [24:45] Publish Press is a great tool for tracking content.
- [27:05] WordPress powers 34% of the web.
- [27:30] Syed sees it as the operating system of the web.
- [29:15] Hiring the right people has helped Syed, as is having a physical planner and blocking off his Fridays.
- [34:56] Syed found that building relationships (strategic partnerships) with other companies has proven successful.
- [37:40] Streaks has added a lot of value to Syed’s life; it’s a great accountability tracker.
- [38:08] The Content Template feature in SEMRush has proven helpful to his company, as well.
- [38:30] One book Syed recommends is Extreme Revenue Growth.
- [39:13] That’s it for today!
- [40:00] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...