In Episode #382, Eric and Neil discuss how to determine customer lifetime value. Tune in to learn the simplest formula you can use to calculate your customer lifetime value. Eric and Neil also drop several online tools that simplify the process and will do the math for you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Determine Customer Lifetime Value
- 00:38 – There are multiple ways to determine customer lifetime value
- 00:52 – Eric shares an example of a SaaS company’s customer lifetime value
- 00:55 – Neil’s Crazy Egg has a churn of 10%, which is the number of customers who stopped using the product
- 01:08 – Average price per user ID is $30, so you divide $30 by the churn to get the lifetime value
- 01:40 – Technically you take the average pay per month
- 02:00 – Mixpanel can calculate your customer lifetime value
- 02:10 – RJMetrics can do it for you, too
- 02:21 – There’s a formula on Kissmetrics that you can copy to calculate the customer lifetime value
- 02:31 – Eric has tried different formulas and the one on Shopify’s blog is one worth checking out
- 02:50 – You can do the formula yourself, but there will always be flaws
- 03:00 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:50 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:59 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There are several ways to calculate customer lifetime value, just find the one that suits you and your needs best.
- Consider using a tool for a more accurate calculation of lifetime value.
- You can create and execute the formula yourself, but don’t expect it to be error-free.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...