In Episode #375, Eric and Neil discuss how to distribute your podcast. Not everyone is on YouTube or iTunes. With all the platforms that are out there for broadcasting podcasts, it’s your responsibility as a podcaster to get your content to the people. Tune in to learn where you can go to broadcast your work, the many different ways to expand your reach, and the importance of asking other bloggers, listeners, and websites that you link to share your podcast!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Distribute Your Podcast
- 00:34 – “A podcast is all about getting reach at the end of the day”
- 00:39 – Eric hosts their podcast on Libsyn
- 01:15 – Not all people are on iTunes, so spread your podcast anywhere you can
- 01:17 – Tweet out your podcast and share it on Facebook
- 01:45 – Neil used to use Product Hunt’s podcasting section, but it’s been deleted
- 02:00 – Neil was driving thousands of views a day
- 02:06 – Neil also networks with other bloggers to share their podcast
- 02:20 – Neil and Eric mention tools in their podcast because they use them, not because they’re paid
- 02:28 – After mentioning a tool, they’ll email those websites to tell them about their episode in the hopes that they share the podcast, too
- 03:00 – One of their tool’s websites reached out to Eric and Neil when they learned that their tool was mentioned in the podcast
- 03:26 – Wavve allows you to make different social media sharing templates and Eric is testing it out now
- 03:52 – Google Play, Stitcher and iHeartRadio are some of their podcast’s hosts
- 04:07 – Eric just resubmitted their podcast to Spotify
- 04:45 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a heat mapping tool that helps you increase your conversion rate
- 05:32 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 05:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t stick to one platform, broadcast your podcast on every platform you can.
- Reach out to other bloggers and your audience to share your podcast.
- You’re the one that needs to work your way to the listeners when it comes to expanding your reach.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1393, we discuss the most successful cold emails we’ve ever written. Sales and marketing letters need not be long and complicated: most of the time, a short, concise email is far more ef...
In episode #1392, we speak about how you can 10x your headline success rate! A good headline can go a long way and is almost always how you can capture traffic and the first step towards engagement. T...
In episode #1391, we speak about how to find great marketers during hard times. The crisis in which we find ourselves currently means that a lot of people are out of jobs, at least in the US. But how ...