In Episode #146, Eric and Neil teach us how to migrate a website. Whether it’s for a redesign, server improvement, new services offered, or overall better customer experience—at some point, you’ll need to migrate your website to a new one. Tune in as Neil and Eric walk us through the steps of website migration and as they offer us valuable tips to make this process stress-free and easy.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Do a Website Migration
- 00:33 – Why migrate a website?
- 01:02 – You’re usually migrating servers as well
- 01:34 – Make sure you have a backup of your website
- 01:51 – Duplicate your site to the new server
- 02:04 – Have everyone check both sites
- 02:25 – Use a tool like Screaming Frog to crawl your website and see what’s happening on the old site
- 02:51 – Redirect the top pages to the most relevant pages
- 03:52 – Be careful when redesigning your website as you migrate your website
- 04:29 – Neil mentions a story from Eric’s website migration
- 04:58 – Have the right structures in place
- 05:28 – Neil tells his share of website migration errors
- 06:29 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Before making any changes, decide if website migration is the right thing to do.
- Creating a backup or having website duplicates should be your FIRST step before migrating.
- Remember to test everything first before redirecting people to your new website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...