In Episode #146, Eric and Neil teach us how to migrate a website. Whether it’s for a redesign, server improvement, new services offered, or overall better customer experience—at some point, you’ll need to migrate your website to a new one. Tune in as Neil and Eric walk us through the steps of website migration and as they offer us valuable tips to make this process stress-free and easy.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Do a Website Migration
- 00:33 – Why migrate a website?
- 01:02 – You’re usually migrating servers as well
- 01:34 – Make sure you have a backup of your website
- 01:51 – Duplicate your site to the new server
- 02:04 – Have everyone check both sites
- 02:25 – Use a tool like Screaming Frog to crawl your website and see what’s happening on the old site
- 02:51 – Redirect the top pages to the most relevant pages
- 03:52 – Be careful when redesigning your website as you migrate your website
- 04:29 – Neil mentions a story from Eric’s website migration
- 04:58 – Have the right structures in place
- 05:28 – Neil tells his share of website migration errors
- 06:29 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Before making any changes, decide if website migration is the right thing to do.
- Creating a backup or having website duplicates should be your FIRST step before migrating.
- Remember to test everything first before redirecting people to your new website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...