In Episode #483, Eric and Neil discuss how to do content marketing if you’re in a boring industry. Tune in to learn how you can use other forms of content like video, make content that is either fun or useful, find out what is popular, and build a brand over time.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:29] – Today’s topic: How to Do Content Marketing if You’re in a Boring Industry
- [00:34] – Squatty Potty in 2015 did $20 million in sales on Shark Tank.
- [00:58] – They spent $600,000 on a fun video with a unicorn pooping out rainbows.
- [01:24] – Content marketing can be video too.
- [01:29] – Use BuzzSumo to see what is popular. Education and helping other people is sexy.
- [01:50] – Your content just has to be helpful and people will link back to you.
- [02:03] – The Points Guy talks about credit cards and miles.
- [02:26] – The only way to build a brand is to provide value to people.
- [03:00] – How Neil couldn’t find a good article on how to install a bidet. Some people may think it is boring, but if the content is helpful you can do well.
- [03:35] – Just look at How to Tie a Tie the number one result is very useful which is sexy at the moment.
- [04:01] – Look at the opportunities and what is performing no matter what niche you are in.
- [04:11] – That’s it for today!
- [04:14] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool.
- [04:23] – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy.
- [04:30] – You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2561, you’ll learn how Warren Buffett’s approach to investing within his circle of confidence can be applied to content creation. Learn how to yield results by taking a simple but effe...