In episode #863, we discuss how to do internal linking. Tune in to hear how to do it the right way.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Do Internal Linking The Right Way
- [00:35] Neil has seen people overuse this technique: putting rich anchor text in the footer.
- [01:00] A lot of people put rich anchor text in the footer, but if you overdo that, you will get hit with a penalty.
- [01:25] Be more selective with this particular tactic.
- [01:45] Create content around long-tail phrases.
- [02:25] If you look at Zappos, they structure their site really well.
- [02:45] Each category page leads to further, more specific categories.
- [02:55] This is great, because it has a logical flow that makes it easy for Search Spider to crawl through.
- [03:25] Make sure your sitemap is logical.
- [03:50] Interlinking throughout your content is a successful tactic.
- [04:24] That’s it for today!
- [04:30] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...