In episode #863, we discuss how to do internal linking. Tune in to hear how to do it the right way.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Do Internal Linking The Right Way
- [00:35] Neil has seen people overuse this technique: putting rich anchor text in the footer.
- [01:00] A lot of people put rich anchor text in the footer, but if you overdo that, you will get hit with a penalty.
- [01:25] Be more selective with this particular tactic.
- [01:45] Create content around long-tail phrases.
- [02:25] If you look at Zappos, they structure their site really well.
- [02:45] Each category page leads to further, more specific categories.
- [02:55] This is great, because it has a logical flow that makes it easy for Search Spider to crawl through.
- [03:25] Make sure your sitemap is logical.
- [03:50] Interlinking throughout your content is a successful tactic.
- [04:24] That’s it for today!
- [04:30] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...