In episode #863, we discuss how to do internal linking. Tune in to hear how to do it the right way.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Do Internal Linking The Right Way
- [00:35] Neil has seen people overuse this technique: putting rich anchor text in the footer.
- [01:00] A lot of people put rich anchor text in the footer, but if you overdo that, you will get hit with a penalty.
- [01:25] Be more selective with this particular tactic.
- [01:45] Create content around long-tail phrases.
- [02:25] If you look at Zappos, they structure their site really well.
- [02:45] Each category page leads to further, more specific categories.
- [02:55] This is great, because it has a logical flow that makes it easy for Search Spider to crawl through.
- [03:25] Make sure your sitemap is logical.
- [03:50] Interlinking throughout your content is a successful tactic.
- [04:24] That’s it for today!
- [04:30] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...