In Episode #298, Eric and Neil discuss how to do reputation management. Tune in to learn the strategies you can use to control your negative results regarding your brand or website. Also find out why getting help from a third party can be very helpful when dealing with your antagonizers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How To Do Reputation Management
- 00:34 – Reputation management is managing the negative result for a website or brand
- 01:04 – Ripoff Report has a ton of reviews
- 01:28 – First is to look at Moz or Ahrefs; look at the top 10 results and the number of links going to the top 10 results
- 01:46 – If you have a Facebook page, you can link that to the top 10 results to push negative results down
- 02:06 – Neil uses InboundJunction—it works out deals with the site and forms a contract so the text will be removed
- 02:16 – It is the most effective, but most expensive too
- 03:00 – The post was telling people that Neil isn’t an effective marketer
- 03:10 – Neil learned that there are people who are difficult to deal with and it’s much easier to just get a third party to solve it
- 03:20 – Doing guest posts on popular sites like Entrepreneur
- 03:43 – It is difficult for your site alone to take the 5 spots
- 03:56 – High domain authority pages can push links a lot faster
- 04:30 – Reputation is an online reputation management platform
- 05:00 – Andrew Stubbs is a pay per performance guy who can also help with reputation management
- 05:30 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Zapier which automates different web apps, create and different workflows
- 06:00 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 06:06 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 06:30 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Once you see a negative result regarding your brand or website, find a way to control your traffic or your sales will suffer.
- There are people who enjoy tearing others down. Talking to them may be difficult so hire a third-party to negotiate with them.
- Linking to the top 5 spots can pull your positive results up.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...