In Episode #313, Eric and Neil discuss how to do SEO for small businesses with less than $1000 a month. Tune in to learn how you can still do SEO effectively—even with a small budget—and why you shouldn’t believe everything that Google tells you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Do SEO for Small Businesses With Less Than $1000 a Month
- 00:35 – You can’t focus on everything
- 00:40 – Try to have your site on WordPress so you can have Yoast and not worry too much about on-page SEO
- 00:48 – Neil sticks to content creation and building links around the content
- 00:55 – Neil uses Ahrefs
- 01:01 – Put in your competitor’s URL and click on the top pages that will show you the pages your competitor gets the most traffic
- 01:29 – Look at that page and try to create a better version on your website
- 01:38 – Find the people that are linked out to the page and reach out to them
- 02:00 – Reaching out works, but it’s a long-term play
- 02:08 – Keep it simple
- 02:34 – “Don’t believe everything that Google says”
- 02:58 – When you only have $1000 a month, you can’t go really fast
- 03:10 – You can also use BuzzSumo which is similar to Ahrefs
- 03:26 – You can find a journalist who can write content at JustReachOut which is a PR tool
- 03:48 – For link outreach, you can use Pitchbox and MixMax
- 04:03 – You have to make sure that you stay consistent with your SEO
- 04:22 – Consistency will give people the impression that you’re starting to build your flywheel
- 04:33 – Scripted allows you to buy content at scale
- 04:53 – Upwork and ProBlogger also have people you can hire to make content for you
- 05:16 – Scripted is like a marketplace
- 05:37 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There are ways to work on your SEO while on a conservative budget.
- SEO results takes time so you have to be patient.
- Leverage free and affordable tools that you can use to make your SEO work successfully.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...