In Episode #262, Eric and Neil discuss how to drive traffic with LinkedIn. Tune in to learn how LinkedIn can actually be cheaper, some tactics you can apply to increase your click-through rate, and how you can divert your LinkedIn traffic to your own website.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Drive Traffic with LinkedIn
- 00:41 – Make sure your targeting is tight and your offer is relevant to your target people
- 01:01 – You can possibly get a click-through rate of 1% if the target is right and the offer is good
- 01:07 – These are from the newsfeed ads you see on LinkedIn
- 01:12 – After seeing the 1% click-through rate, switch the advertising to CPM for cheaper clicks
- 01:28 – Eric’s click-through rates have gone up to 2-3%
- 01:39 – You think you can’t make LinkedIn cheap, but you can actually can
- 01:43 – Add everyone who adds you as friend on LinkedIn; the limit is 30K friends
- 01:53 – Take all your contacts from your website, post your blog posts on LinkedIn once a day, using the first paragraph or two—then, add a link to continue reading at the bottom
- 02:05 – That will drive traffic from LinkedIn to your website
- 02:09 – Neil increased his overall traffic through this tactic
- 02:30 – Adding the share button is also an option
- 02:38 – Using Zapier and IFTTT, you can push your updates to LinkedIn automatically
- 02:58 – LinkedIn drives leads
- 03:13 – Every time Neil publishes a blog post, he shares it to every marketing group in LinkedIn
- 03:26 – Participate in the group as well and add value
- 03:32 – Buffer is also good for sharing in groups
- 04:07 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Target your offer to the right demographic.
- You can get higher click-through rates and cheaper clicks in LinkedIn.
- Posting your blog posts in LinkedIn and sharing them to groups can significantly boost your overall traffic.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....