In episode #1007, we discuss how to effectively balance multiple projects at the same time. Tune in to hear how we balance so many things—from delegation and prioritization to project management tools and tricks.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Effectively Balance Multiple Projects at the Same Time
- [00:45] We blog, podcast, run agencies, etc.
- [00:54] Most of our time is spent on marketing initiatives, but we are able to balance all this with our other duties.
- [01:21] Eric is working on his book Leveling Up.
- [02:10] It’s harder to make things work together when they are not all in the same industry.
- [02:35] Try to limit the industries in which you work.
- [03:10] Neil knows who on his team is good at a specific task, so he assigns each person a goal.
- [03:35] His team members are creative and this is helpful.
- [04:45] Someone came up with a concept on how to allocate resources at Google: 70-20-10.
- [05:03] 70% of your time should be spent on revenue generating activities.
- [05:10] 20% of your time should be spent on adjacent activities.
- [05:24] 10% of your time should be spent on moon-shots (things that are long-shots and less likely to be successful, but should they work, would prove fruitful.
- [06:02] That’s it for today!
- [06:05] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our free live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....