In episode #1007, we discuss how to effectively balance multiple projects at the same time. Tune in to hear how we balance so many things—from delegation and prioritization to project management tools and tricks.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Effectively Balance Multiple Projects at the Same Time
- [00:45] We blog, podcast, run agencies, etc.
- [00:54] Most of our time is spent on marketing initiatives, but we are able to balance all this with our other duties.
- [01:21] Eric is working on his book Leveling Up.
- [02:10] It’s harder to make things work together when they are not all in the same industry.
- [02:35] Try to limit the industries in which you work.
- [03:10] Neil knows who on his team is good at a specific task, so he assigns each person a goal.
- [03:35] His team members are creative and this is helpful.
- [04:45] Someone came up with a concept on how to allocate resources at Google: 70-20-10.
- [05:03] 70% of your time should be spent on revenue generating activities.
- [05:10] 20% of your time should be spent on adjacent activities.
- [05:24] 10% of your time should be spent on moon-shots (things that are long-shots and less likely to be successful, but should they work, would prove fruitful.
- [06:02] That’s it for today!
- [06:05] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our free live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...