In Episode #214, Eric and Neil discuss how you can efficiently manage your marketing projects. Tune in to learn a few project management tools that you can use today. Find out also how marketing experiments and campaigns are worth the effort and the importance of having the whole team on board.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Efficiently Manage Your Marketing Projects
- 00:35 – Eric uses growth hacker experiments and combines them with Google sheets
- 00:50 – Run 3 experiments in a week and have 2 new ideas added into the Growth Hackers Project weekly
- 01:01 – Growth Hackers Project is a tool for running projects
- 01:09 – Someone should assess how the company is doing using these experiments
- 01:34 – Just continue experimenting over time
- 01:45 – Managing your marketing is more about cutting back what you’re doing
- 02:04 – Neil doesn’t do a lot of marketing
- 02:11 – Do one or two things at a time, once you get it right, add more
- 02:17 – Don’t keep adding more to your plate just because
- 02:33 – The key to managing your marketing is do less, but do it well
- 02:45 – Two people worth mentioning that are doing these experiments well: Brian Balfour of HubSpot and CoElevate
- 03:02 – Sean Ellis, the founder of GrowthHackers
- 03:20 – If you don’t have a process to follow, everything will fall apart easily
- 03:29 – Move and respond quickly
- 03:45 – Experimenting is a team effort and requires team work
- 03:54 – Make sure you’re annotating on your Google analytics when you are running the projects
- 04:15 – When you’re running a campaign or project, create a list
- 04:41 – Go after the things that are more difficult to achieve, then move to the easiest
- 04:49 – Prioritize those in your list with the highest potential of return
- 05:02 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Continually brainstorm ideas to better your experiments—vote on the best idea that can significantly impact the success of your growth experiment.
- The key to management is not doing everything at once, but doing a few things and doing them well.
- Experiments and projects are a team effort; make sure everyone knows their role and is on track.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...