In episode #595, Eric and Neil discuss the best ways to engage people on social media. Tune in to hear what you could be doing differently.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Engage with Your Social Media Fans When They Keep Ignoring You
- [00:36] Facebook recently tweaked their algorithm, which means you will probably have to pay more for paid ads.
- [00:56] Even if you do it wrong, you will get more engagement.
- [01:15] Neil used to only do text-based articles, but he found that videos gives him more reach and engagement.
- [01:41] Create more than one type of engagement.
- [02:27] Offer a giveaway that encourages referrals in order to participate.
- [03:01] Video is the content that currently drives the most engagement.
- [03:20] Eric and Neil were called out on their Facebook page for not engaging their followers and just leaving the page to operate on its own.
- [03:36] Ultimately, the person who called them out was right.
- [03:52] If you see people asking industry-related questions on social media, even if they are not asking you specifically, respond to them! This is a great way to get more customers and fans.
- [04:30] At the end of the day, Eric and Neil messed up and broke their process.
- [04:58] One way to engage your audience is to help people out when they are contacting you to ask questions.
- [05:03] Join industry-related groups on Facebook and get in the mix.
- [05:16] Messenger bots are a great way to engage people, as well. Try Mobile Monkey.
- [05:36] Do your best to integrate live feed options provided by Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- [06:15] Make personalized messages for each site visitor, which will help to engage them (via chatbots).
- [06:46] That’s it for today!
- [06:48] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...