In Episode #393, Eric and Neil discuss how to ensure that your team stays productive when you’re out of the office. Tune in to learn how you can keep your people on track with their goals regardless of your absence, and simultaneously build a healthy relationship with everyone.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Ensure that Your Team Stays Productive When You’re Out of Office
- 00:40 – Even though Eric was gone for a month, his team was able to work very efficiently without Eric there in person, or even on Slack
- 01:06 – Make sure your people have clear tasks and goals that are defined with a deadline
- 01:10 – Eric uses Dapulse as his project management tool
- 01:37 – For communication, they use Slack and there’s a constant meeting
- 01:45 – “Make sure you have the right processes to keep things going”
- 01:50 – Richard Branson has 2 assistants that he trusts some of the tasks with
- 02:29 – Neil gives his team tasks, goals, and objectives
- 02:34 – Neil meets his team once a week to see how they’re doing
- 02:42 – Neil only checks to see if his goals have been hit and if not, what are the problems with the team
- 02:54 – “As long as everything is doing good, I don’t care what they’re doing”
- 02:59 – Eric also uses 15Five where you can put your objectives and KPIs and if they’re on track
- 03:38 – You will also know what people are feeling
- 04:19 – Neil uses a “straight to the point” rule to make sure communication is always flowing clearly with his team
- 04:55 – In the long run, figure out how you want to handle your team and what works well for everyone
- 05:02 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 05:50 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 06:01 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Have employees keep a list of their objectives and goals—give them a deadline for each, and then intermittently track performance while you’re way.
- Keep your people happy because happy employees are the most productive.
- As your employees earn your trust, don’t be afraid to give them bigger tasks with bigger responsibilities.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....