In episode #1018, we discuss how you can deal with any type of negative press. Tune in to hear how you can fight negative press.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Fight Negative Press
- [00:35] Negative press could be bad Google search results.
- [01:05] Neil has had a really bad write up about his company.
- [01:30] Overall, Neil feels he has done right by people and always refunds people’s money when they are unhappy.
- [02:05] Do reputation management through SEO link building.
- [02:50] Neil ignores all the bad press and feels it is all made up.
- [03:45] Neil also had bad article written about him in Wired magazine.
- [04:38] He also settled a class action lawsuit and lost a lot of customers because of the bad press.
- [05:00] If it hadn’t been for the bad press, Neil would have sold his company.
- [05:50] The current person writing bad posts about Neil is clearly fabricating elements of his story and posted anonymously.
- [06:08] That’s it for today!
- [06:15] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our free live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...