In episode #1018, we discuss how you can deal with any type of negative press. Tune in to hear how you can fight negative press.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Fight Negative Press
- [00:35] Negative press could be bad Google search results.
- [01:05] Neil has had a really bad write up about his company.
- [01:30] Overall, Neil feels he has done right by people and always refunds people’s money when they are unhappy.
- [02:05] Do reputation management through SEO link building.
- [02:50] Neil ignores all the bad press and feels it is all made up.
- [03:45] Neil also had bad article written about him in Wired magazine.
- [04:38] He also settled a class action lawsuit and lost a lot of customers because of the bad press.
- [05:00] If it hadn’t been for the bad press, Neil would have sold his company.
- [05:50] The current person writing bad posts about Neil is clearly fabricating elements of his story and posted anonymously.
- [06:08] That’s it for today!
- [06:15] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our free live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1232, we share some of the smartest marketing strategies that we have come across lately. You will hear great examples of how people are leveraging design to drive user enthusiasm on their...
In episode #1231, we share seven strategies that you can use to boost engagement on your LinkedIn significantly. We highlight LinkedIn’s great capacity for going live and teach you how to leverage t...
In episode #1230, we give you some tips about when to pass off social media work to an employee or third party organization, and when to do it yourself. The audience that you have built around your pe...