In episode #1018, we discuss how you can deal with any type of negative press. Tune in to hear how you can fight negative press.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Fight Negative Press
- [00:35] Negative press could be bad Google search results.
- [01:05] Neil has had a really bad write up about his company.
- [01:30] Overall, Neil feels he has done right by people and always refunds people’s money when they are unhappy.
- [02:05] Do reputation management through SEO link building.
- [02:50] Neil ignores all the bad press and feels it is all made up.
- [03:45] Neil also had bad article written about him in Wired magazine.
- [04:38] He also settled a class action lawsuit and lost a lot of customers because of the bad press.
- [05:00] If it hadn’t been for the bad press, Neil would have sold his company.
- [05:50] The current person writing bad posts about Neil is clearly fabricating elements of his story and posted anonymously.
- [06:08] That’s it for today!
- [06:15] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our free live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...