In episode #627, Eric and Neil discuss how you can find a CMO. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to grab your next successful CMO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Find a CMO
- [00:33] They get hit up all the time for people looking to fill this position, but it is the hardest position to fill.
- [00:55] Tap into referral networks.
- [01:05] When Eric was hired at Treehouse, he was referred in.
- [01:27] Don’t just hire a CMO, have someone prove in a lesser position that they can deliver results for you. Have people work their way up.
- [02:55] Instead of having a CMO, just make the marketing department work together to guide the mission.
- [03:41] Contingency firms whose focus is on hiring executives is another way to go.
- [03:48] They will cost you a lot of money, but will deliver on the mission.
- [04:34] Org structures are different now, so it changes how you can operate.
- [04:38] To recap: referral networks work, contingency firms work, having NO CMO works.
- [04:48] That’s it for today!
- [04:50] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...