In episode #627, Eric and Neil discuss how you can find a CMO. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to grab your next successful CMO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Find a CMO
- [00:33] They get hit up all the time for people looking to fill this position, but it is the hardest position to fill.
- [00:55] Tap into referral networks.
- [01:05] When Eric was hired at Treehouse, he was referred in.
- [01:27] Don’t just hire a CMO, have someone prove in a lesser position that they can deliver results for you. Have people work their way up.
- [02:55] Instead of having a CMO, just make the marketing department work together to guide the mission.
- [03:41] Contingency firms whose focus is on hiring executives is another way to go.
- [03:48] They will cost you a lot of money, but will deliver on the mission.
- [04:34] Org structures are different now, so it changes how you can operate.
- [04:38] To recap: referral networks work, contingency firms work, having NO CMO works.
- [04:48] That’s it for today!
- [04:50] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...