In episode #897, we discuss raising money through Angel Investors. Tune in to hear how you can get your business initial funding.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Find an Angel Investor
- [00:34] Go to AngelList.
- [00:45] This is the easiest way to get started.
- [00:52] Eric just raised his original money through friends and family.
- [01:10] Eric only asked other entrepreneurs, so it wasn’t as awkward.
- [01:17] Y Combinator Safe Note is a simple agreement for future equity.
- [01:34] It took him 2 weeks to raise $100,000.
- [01:51] Find relevant investors (those who understand your field).
- [02:18] You have to be ok with getting a “no”.
- [02:40] Look up how other major businesses raised money.
- [03:30] When raising money through Angel Investors, make sure your pitch is solid and contains all pertinent information investors would want to know.
- [04:20] Don’t just go through the motions.
- [04:49] If you don’t have a solid business network, go to conferences to build one.
- [05:27] You can also put your product up on Product Hunt, as a lot of VC’s check out that site.
- [05:29] That’s all for today!
- [05:33] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...