In episode #897, we discuss raising money through Angel Investors. Tune in to hear how you can get your business initial funding.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Find an Angel Investor
- [00:34] Go to AngelList.
- [00:45] This is the easiest way to get started.
- [00:52] Eric just raised his original money through friends and family.
- [01:10] Eric only asked other entrepreneurs, so it wasn’t as awkward.
- [01:17] Y Combinator Safe Note is a simple agreement for future equity.
- [01:34] It took him 2 weeks to raise $100,000.
- [01:51] Find relevant investors (those who understand your field).
- [02:18] You have to be ok with getting a “no”.
- [02:40] Look up how other major businesses raised money.
- [03:30] When raising money through Angel Investors, make sure your pitch is solid and contains all pertinent information investors would want to know.
- [04:20] Don’t just go through the motions.
- [04:49] If you don’t have a solid business network, go to conferences to build one.
- [05:27] You can also put your product up on Product Hunt, as a lot of VC’s check out that site.
- [05:29] That’s all for today!
- [05:33] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....