In Episode #269, Eric and Neil discuss how to find and work with influencers. Tune in to learn the ins and outs of influencer marketing including where and how to find them, why they’re cheaper than celebrities, and the importance of consistency in your influencer campaign.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Find and Work with Influencers
- 00:34 – Eric has a few friends who are working on their own influencer platform
- 00:50 – Influencer marketing has always been around
- 01:11 – “Anybody could become an influencer after putting in the work”
- 01:21 – The easiest way to search for an influencer, without spending, is going through social media sites
- 01:27 – In Instagram, use certain hashtags and look for people who are up and coming
- 01:32 – You can work with people who are starting to build their online presence—this way, it won’t be too pricey
- 01:50 – Eric has used influencer marketing for a previous client and they used FameBit
- 02:00 – Neil used influencer marketing on Facebook and Instagram and reached out to some celebrities
- 02:18 – The Kardashians will do an online paid post for $500K
- 02:33 – “It’s so expensive to reach out to people”
- 02:45 – Neil suggests finding those that are popular with the people in your target market and pay them to pass over that network/audience to you—it’s so much cheaper than using expensive celebrities
- 03:18 – If you’re building an entrepreneur channel, use hashtags that are relevant to your market
- 03:38 – Reach out to people who are getting a good amount of likes and comments and ask them for their paid shoutout rates
- 04:09 – Influencer marketing doesn’t always work
- 04:46 – If you’re doing influencer marketing consistently, that’s when it will work
- 05:03 – If you’re doing influencer marketing, you should have content as well
- 05:16 – Figure out how you can add value to your audience
- 05:24 – There are pricing guidelines for how much you should be paying influencers on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram
- 05:55 – Marketing School is giving away a one year annual subscription to LeadQuizzes, which allows you to collect leads from the quizzes you made
- 06:06 –To win, rate, review, and subscribe to Marketing School
- 06:12 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 06:30 – Neil and Eric are giving away tools that they use personally and they don’t earn from it
- 07:14 – You can go to Neil Patel’s LeadQuizzes case study to know how valuable the leads are from LeadQuizzes
- 07:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Influencer marketing has always been around and to be successful, you have to do it consistently.
- Valuable content will make an influencer’s post more engaging.
- You don’t have to spend much on an influencer – you just have to find the right influencer for your target market.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...