In episode #758, Eric and Neil tell you how you can find freelancers that don’t suck. Tune in to hear how your hiring process could be improved.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Find Cheap Freelancers That Don’t Suck
- [00:43] Eric has been using AngelList to find freelancers, while Neil has been using Upwork and Problogger.
- [01:20] Eric has found great recruiters on Upwork.
- [02:00] Make sure you choose people who have good reviews, high success ratio, and a lot of completed projects.
- [02:30] Neil likes to skype with potential freelancers.
- [03:00] Just talk to people and figure out what they can do for your business.
- [03:20] Basecamp has written about their hiring process.
- [03:50] Pay potential employees for a small test project.
- [04:15] This will give you an idea about the quality of their work.
- [05:10] Neil would find freelancers and test out 5 at the same time.
- [05:26] That’s all for today!
- [05:28] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...