In episode #758, Eric and Neil tell you how you can find freelancers that don’t suck. Tune in to hear how your hiring process could be improved.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Find Cheap Freelancers That Don’t Suck
- [00:43] Eric has been using AngelList to find freelancers, while Neil has been using Upwork and Problogger.
- [01:20] Eric has found great recruiters on Upwork.
- [02:00] Make sure you choose people who have good reviews, high success ratio, and a lot of completed projects.
- [02:30] Neil likes to skype with potential freelancers.
- [03:00] Just talk to people and figure out what they can do for your business.
- [03:20] Basecamp has written about their hiring process.
- [03:50] Pay potential employees for a small test project.
- [04:15] This will give you an idea about the quality of their work.
- [05:10] Neil would find freelancers and test out 5 at the same time.
- [05:26] That’s all for today!
- [05:28] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...