In Episode #276, Eric and Neil talk about finding relevant guests for your podcast—who you should be asking depending on your niche and why it’s important to set a guest criteria.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Find Relevant Guests for Your Podcast
- 00:34 – Eric’s Growth Everywhere podcast is an interview podcast
- 00:44 – Eric started Growth Everywhere to talk to people that understood marketing
- 00:52 – There was no other interview podcast before
- 00:57 – Eris reached out to people who knew marketing
- 00:59 – Eric reached out to Neil Patel and Pat Flynn
- 01:11 – Eric reached out through email and got his top 10 interviewees
- 01:17 – Eric’s criteria in looking for interviewee
- 01:30 – If Eric doesn’t have criteria, “anyone” can be on the podcast, which isn’t helpful
- 01:53 – People want consistency in a podcast
- 02:03 – To find relevant guest, you need to hand off the process
- 02:38 – Look at the other podcast within your space and hit up their guests
- 03:18 – When the guests are on your show, make sure you ask them to share the podcast and promote it to their audience
- 03:32 – You can use ScheduleOnce and Calendly to schedule your guest
- 03:44 – You can also send your guests sample questions so they’ll be ready
- 03:51 – You can send your guests a one sheeter where they’ll see the technical requirements like good mic, internet, and other stuff
- 04:14 – Eric goes to GrowthHackers and Product Hunt to find whose doing AMAs
- 04:37 – This week’s giveaway is a 1-year subscription to Alexa – an SEO tool that is now owned by Amazon
- 04:55 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:01 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You can take advantage of the other podcasts in your niche and reach out to people whom they’ve interviewed.
- Setting a criteria for your guest will make your podcast organized and consistent.
- Always make the interview a comfortable experience for your guests.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...