In Episode #276, Eric and Neil talk about finding relevant guests for your podcast—who you should be asking depending on your niche and why it’s important to set a guest criteria.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Find Relevant Guests for Your Podcast
- 00:34 – Eric’s Growth Everywhere podcast is an interview podcast
- 00:44 – Eric started Growth Everywhere to talk to people that understood marketing
- 00:52 – There was no other interview podcast before
- 00:57 – Eris reached out to people who knew marketing
- 00:59 – Eric reached out to Neil Patel and Pat Flynn
- 01:11 – Eric reached out through email and got his top 10 interviewees
- 01:17 – Eric’s criteria in looking for interviewee
- 01:30 – If Eric doesn’t have criteria, “anyone” can be on the podcast, which isn’t helpful
- 01:53 – People want consistency in a podcast
- 02:03 – To find relevant guest, you need to hand off the process
- 02:38 – Look at the other podcast within your space and hit up their guests
- 03:18 – When the guests are on your show, make sure you ask them to share the podcast and promote it to their audience
- 03:32 – You can use ScheduleOnce and Calendly to schedule your guest
- 03:44 – You can also send your guests sample questions so they’ll be ready
- 03:51 – You can send your guests a one sheeter where they’ll see the technical requirements like good mic, internet, and other stuff
- 04:14 – Eric goes to GrowthHackers and Product Hunt to find whose doing AMAs
- 04:37 – This week’s giveaway is a 1-year subscription to Alexa – an SEO tool that is now owned by Amazon
- 04:55 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:01 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You can take advantage of the other podcasts in your niche and reach out to people whom they’ve interviewed.
- Setting a criteria for your guest will make your podcast organized and consistent.
- Always make the interview a comfortable experience for your guests.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...