In Episode #276, Eric and Neil talk about finding relevant guests for your podcast—who you should be asking depending on your niche and why it’s important to set a guest criteria.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Find Relevant Guests for Your Podcast
- 00:34 – Eric’s Growth Everywhere podcast is an interview podcast
- 00:44 – Eric started Growth Everywhere to talk to people that understood marketing
- 00:52 – There was no other interview podcast before
- 00:57 – Eris reached out to people who knew marketing
- 00:59 – Eric reached out to Neil Patel and Pat Flynn
- 01:11 – Eric reached out through email and got his top 10 interviewees
- 01:17 – Eric’s criteria in looking for interviewee
- 01:30 – If Eric doesn’t have criteria, “anyone” can be on the podcast, which isn’t helpful
- 01:53 – People want consistency in a podcast
- 02:03 – To find relevant guest, you need to hand off the process
- 02:38 – Look at the other podcast within your space and hit up their guests
- 03:18 – When the guests are on your show, make sure you ask them to share the podcast and promote it to their audience
- 03:32 – You can use ScheduleOnce and Calendly to schedule your guest
- 03:44 – You can also send your guests sample questions so they’ll be ready
- 03:51 – You can send your guests a one sheeter where they’ll see the technical requirements like good mic, internet, and other stuff
- 04:14 – Eric goes to GrowthHackers and Product Hunt to find whose doing AMAs
- 04:37 – This week’s giveaway is a 1-year subscription to Alexa – an SEO tool that is now owned by Amazon
- 04:55 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:01 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You can take advantage of the other podcasts in your niche and reach out to people whom they’ve interviewed.
- Setting a criteria for your guest will make your podcast organized and consistent.
- Always make the interview a comfortable experience for your guests.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...