In episode #765, Eric and Neil discuss how to find the best marketing talent. Tune in to hear how you can find young, motivated workers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Find the Best Young Marketing Talent
- [00:37] Eric’s interns have always been great.
- [01:06] Singlegrain often uses Angellist to find the best people.
- [01:31] It is important to have a hiring process.
- [01:58] You can find young talent via blogging and social sites, but the best way to find great talent is to have interns.
- [02:20] Neil’s company looks for interns who really want a career in marketing.
- [02:30] They train them to grow with the company.
- [02:52] When you get them young, they aren’t jaded.
- [03:30] Be a “T-Shaped” marketer.
- [04:18] If you want people who are “up to speed”, look for people who did internships at other marketing agencies.
- [04:42] Most agencies won’t hire their interns.
- [05:08] Pay your interns!
- [05:18] By paying interns, you set a good precedent.
- [05:30] That’s it for today!
- [05:34] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...