In episode #765, Eric and Neil discuss how to find the best marketing talent. Tune in to hear how you can find young, motivated workers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Find the Best Young Marketing Talent
- [00:37] Eric’s interns have always been great.
- [01:06] Singlegrain often uses Angellist to find the best people.
- [01:31] It is important to have a hiring process.
- [01:58] You can find young talent via blogging and social sites, but the best way to find great talent is to have interns.
- [02:20] Neil’s company looks for interns who really want a career in marketing.
- [02:30] They train them to grow with the company.
- [02:52] When you get them young, they aren’t jaded.
- [03:30] Be a “T-Shaped” marketer.
- [04:18] If you want people who are “up to speed”, look for people who did internships at other marketing agencies.
- [04:42] Most agencies won’t hire their interns.
- [05:08] Pay your interns!
- [05:18] By paying interns, you set a good precedent.
- [05:30] That’s it for today!
- [05:34] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1538, we are going to talk about if TV ads are still relevant. In today’s day and age, branding, reach, and impressions are vital, and it is so important to try and zag when everybody el...
In episode #1537, we hear about what to do if you if your Facebook ad account gets banned. With new policies, it is easy to get flagged, highlighting the importance of a backup plan. Tune in today to ...
In episode #1536, we cover the often-dreaded cold email. We hear about what makes a good subject line, Neil and Eric’s personal experience sending cold emails and the importance of having a good bod...