In Episode #106 Eric and Neil talks about how you can speed up the slow growing traffic on your blog. Listen to learn their tips for boosting traffic, and why sometimes it isn’t your content that’s the problem, but the code base on your website.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Fix Your Slow Growing Blog Traffic
- 00:46 – Publish more content!
- 01:21 – Pay people to make content
- 01:36 – Check out ProBlogger
- 01:52 – The problem might be your internal structure and how you’re cross linking
- 02:18 – Link to your cornerstone content
- 02:31 – Use Google Search Console to look at the pages
- 02:55 – The depth of your content has to be longer
- 03:31 – You can add more value to your content
- 03:42 – Look at the code base too
- 05:00 – Neil’s friend from Goodreads added new servers
- 05:30 – Check out Google Page Speed or PingDom to know what makes your website slow
- 05:44 – Use a CDN Content Delivery Network
- 06:09 – Go to Twitter and search articles
- 06:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create more content or pay people to help you out.
- If the problem isn’t your website or your content, it must be your internal structure.
- If you link all relevant phrases to your cornerstone key pieces of content, you’ll notice over time your rankings go up.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...