In Episode #132, Eric and Neil share how you can generate content ideas for your website without having to do keyword research. Listen as Neil and Eric drop tips and tricks to help you generate better content for your website and for your specific audience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Generate Content Ideas Without Keyword Research
- 00:38 – SEO and keyword research is important BUT it’s also important to start with your audience
- 00:56 – Think about what’s interesting and trending
- 01:05 – Eric shares his Feedly account with his team to stay on top of trends
- 01:18 – Eric also has Panda as a Chrome extension that shows him 3 different feeds from the sites he follows
- 01:56 – Neil takes his competitors’ links and runs it in BuzzSumo
- 02:37 – Look at your competitor’s’ posts and try to replicate but make it better
- 02:41 – Look up Brian Dean’s Skyscraper Technique
- 03:16 – Email out people who share your competitor’s’ content and ask them to share yours, too
- 04:21 – Use io to search email addresses
- 04:35 – Use AHrefs and SEMRush to show which top pages are ranking
- 04:56 – Look into your analytics and figure out what ranks well
- 05:43 – Getting traffic is NOT just about keywords
- 05:52 – Go to Quora and see what questions are asked in your space
- 06:23 – Look at blog headline structures and podcast titles
- 07:26 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- See what your audience is interested in and respond accordingly.
- Use your competitor’s content as base to make your content better.
- Look internally and figure out which of your posts rank well and USE that knowledge to your advantage as you step forward.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...