In episode #1778, we talk about the qualities in employees that make their employers want to give them promotions. At the end of the day, you might get a promotion if you ask for one, but this strategy is the one that we recommend the least. What bosses want to see in their employees is a willingness to go above and beyond, and what’s more, people are willing to pay top dollar for talent these days.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How To Get A Promotion At Work.
- [00:54] Going above and beyond and what employers want to see in employees.
- [01:39] Coming to your boss with solutions rather than problems.
- [02:16] Giving your boss a feeling of relief by volunteering to solve problems.
- [02:55] People are willing to pay top dollar for talent.
- [04:45] The worst way to get a promotion is by asking for one.
- [05:04] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at http://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...