In episode #1778, we talk about the qualities in employees that make their employers want to give them promotions. At the end of the day, you might get a promotion if you ask for one, but this strategy is the one that we recommend the least. What bosses want to see in their employees is a willingness to go above and beyond, and what’s more, people are willing to pay top dollar for talent these days.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How To Get A Promotion At Work.
- [00:54] Going above and beyond and what employers want to see in employees.
- [01:39] Coming to your boss with solutions rather than problems.
- [02:16] Giving your boss a feeling of relief by volunteering to solve problems.
- [02:55] People are willing to pay top dollar for talent.
- [04:45] The worst way to get a promotion is by asking for one.
- [05:04] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...