In episode #545, Eric and Neil discuss how to access influential people in your space. Tune in to hear some tips on reaching out to people, getting their attention, and building a relationship.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get Access to Influential People
- [00:35] First and foremost, start a podcast!
- [00:50] Have a unique spin on what you’re doing.
- [01:32] When Eric started, he would spend six hours per week on the podcast only to get 9-30 downloads per day.
- [02:07] However, it helped Eric to build his network.
- [02:26] Interviewing people will make it a little harder to build a business relationship after the fact.
- [03:14] If you don’t get respect, you can’t call on people for favors.
- [03:30] Offer your services to people to gain respect.
- [04:28] People often offer to work for free just to make a connection.
- [05:28] Figure out a person’s interests to work a better angle to establish a relationship.
- [06:22] A YouTube marketer offered Neil a way to gain more viewers.
- [07:22] Now, the marketer is a friend and network connection of Neil’s.
- [07:50] It’s easy to find a person’s email (try Hunter.io).
- [08:02] Take a risk and email people offering them something you think they would need.
- [08:43] That’s all for today!
- [08:45] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...