In episode #586, Eric and Neil explain how you can get rich people to part with their money. Tune in to hear how you can convince rich people to invest or become clients themselves.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get Money out of Rich People
- [00:43] Eric has gotten money from people by networking and then identifying what their companies’ challenges were and coming up with solutions.
- [01:04] He waited a few months to hit these people up for money.
- [01:30] Get to know people before you ask for money!
- [01:50] Give help, show your value, and offer something.
- [02:15] Always ask what challenges they are facing, which is a great conversation starter.
- [02:45] Have multiple touchpoints and remain top-of-mind.
- [03:20] Nextiva was founded by the guys who created Endurance International and iPowerWeb.
- [03:40] Eric didn’t pitch the Nextiva founder; the founder reached out to get Eric speak at a conference.
- [04:00] Eric went because he saw Steve Wozniak would be speaking at this conference.
- [04:10] They then developed a relationship and he came to Eric to ask for help.
- [04:27] Usually, this is unique, but the key is they had established a relationship before the topic of business was broached.
- [05:24] That’s it for today!
- [05:28] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...