In Episode #232, Eric and Neil discuss how to get more blog comments. That interaction with your readers is an excellent way to build relationships, trust and loyalty. Tune in to learn the basics of interacting with your audience so that you can keep them coming back to your page.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get More Blog Comments
- 00:38 – Neil shares these tips
- 00:42 – Write in a conversational tone
- 00:44 – Use the words “you” and “I”
- 00:53 – Email out to your list
- 00:56 – Share your post on social web
- 01:16 – The more interactive you are in responding to your comments, the more they’re going to come back and respond back to you
- 01:25 – Use plug-ins
- 01:59 – You can build loyalty with your audience
- 02:21 – Hire or get someone to respond for you if you’re too busy to do it
- 02:30 – Eric shares a page that shut down blog commenting on their posts
- 02:49 – If your blog is a controversial one, it’s good to remove the comments
- 03:03 – Subscribe, rate and review and get a chance to win a free copy of Authority Labs
- 03:15 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 00:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Blog commenting is one way to add a personal touch to your blog or business.
- Use a conversational tone in your interactions.
- Sometimes, turning off blog commenting sections is for the best, especially when it comes to controversial topics.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...