In episode #624, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get more out of your day. Tune in to hear how you should be organizing your life.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get More Out of Your Day
- [00:40] Google “Michael Hyatt Perfect Day”, which will explain how to block out your day.
- [00:53] Eric and Neil record at a set time every week.
- [01:07] Thursdays are Eric’s content days. Fridays are for his SAS products.
- [02:05] Eric will do networking events, dinners, etc., because it is a priority for growing his business.
- [02:40] Figure out your end goal and cut everything else out.
- [03:00] Neil doesn’t do networking events, rather he does actual tasks.
- [03:15] He feels that if he hasn’t accomplished his goals, he can’t rest, so he doesn’t care about work/life balance: he works through illnesses and holidays.
- [03:29] Mark Schuster did a blog post “Learning Before Earning”, which you should read.
- [04:09] The book, The One Thing, tells you to pick your most important goal and to just focus on that.
- [05:06] Building or fostering good habits is key.
- [05:15] You have to rank things to determine which is the most urgent/important.
- [05:42] Check out Rescue Time: It will show you how you are spending your time and allow you to cut the fat.
- [06:15] Delegate!
- [07:10] That’s all for today!
- [07:16] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1933, Neil and Eric talk about whether your business should have a phone number listed. Having a phone number listed may seem outdated, but testing has shown that simply listing a phone nu...
In episode #1932, Neil and Eric talk about the economics of buying another business versus building. When you’re deciding whether or not to buy a business, the number one question you should ask you...
In episode #1931, Neil and Eric talk about how to profit off your blog without selling out. If you pivot from your original content in order to sell something, there’s a good chance you’ll feel li...