In episode #750, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get more traffic just by making your site load quickly. Tune in to hear how you can speed up your website.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get More Traffic From The Google Page Speed Update
- [00:55] Page speed has always been a factor, but now they are rolling out page speed algorithm updates.
- [01:45] Eric’s site was run through GTMetrix to show him what was slowing it down.
- [02:21] He then cleaned up the slow parts and tested out the site again.
- [02:48] He got a substantial bump in visitors once he sped up his site.
- [03:25] Neil uses Google AMP and MaxCDN to make sure his site loads quickly and is routing through local servers across the globe.
- [03:45] Neil’s site also uses lazy loading, so things load as you scroll.
- [04:30] Bad code will ruin a site.
- [04:53] Make sure to make the most of what you already have instead of chasing new, shiny objects.
- [05:34] That’s it for today!
- [05:38] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...