In episode #683, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get paid speaking gigs. Tune in to hear how to land these lucrative opportunities.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get Paid $10,000 For an Hour Speech
- [00:36] If you’ve never done public speaking, you should, because it’s the quickest and easiest way to make money.
- [01:00] If you don’t get paid, you can get compensated in other ways.
- [01:25] Figure out what you want and negotiate for that (accomodations, leads, etc.).
- [01:45] It took Eric 2 years to get a paid speaking gig, but it Neil 4-5.
- [02:00] Don’t expect the get paid from day one.
- [02:35] Make a speaking engagements page on your website.
- [02:45] Make sure you get images and footage of you speaking.
- [03:25] Get comfortable asking about budget and audience demographics.
- [03:53] Create YouTube videos that show you giving a speech/webinar. It will help you generate public speaking leads.
- [04:35] Bryan Harris has a helpful tool that helps people find speaking engagements.
- [05:25] Speaker bureaus are a great way to get gigs, but don’t sign an exclusive deal with anyone.
- [05:45] Self-publish books and send them to corporations as a marketing campaign.
- [06:45] Speaking engagements can always lead to other opportunities.
- [07:22] Be patient and scrappy.
- [07:45] It may take a while to land gigs.
- [08:00] Offer bonuses like meet and greets with conference attendees.
- [08:30] That’s it for today!
- [08:34] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1868, Neil and Eric talk about CRO tips that will help you convert. Whether it’s having a range of payment options or looking at your image quality, there are numerous ways to optimize y...
In episode #1867, Neil and Eric talk about some rules they follow with marketing. From the rule of seven to the 80/20 rule, there is no shortage of top marketing tips for you. Tune in to hear it all!...
In episode #1866, Neil and Eric share seven ways to gamify your social media to gain a following. From contests to giveaways, there are so many creative ways to engage people. You just have to know ho...