In episode #683, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get paid speaking gigs. Tune in to hear how to land these lucrative opportunities.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get Paid $10,000 For an Hour Speech
- [00:36] If you’ve never done public speaking, you should, because it’s the quickest and easiest way to make money.
- [01:00] If you don’t get paid, you can get compensated in other ways.
- [01:25] Figure out what you want and negotiate for that (accomodations, leads, etc.).
- [01:45] It took Eric 2 years to get a paid speaking gig, but it Neil 4-5.
- [02:00] Don’t expect the get paid from day one.
- [02:35] Make a speaking engagements page on your website.
- [02:45] Make sure you get images and footage of you speaking.
- [03:25] Get comfortable asking about budget and audience demographics.
- [03:53] Create YouTube videos that show you giving a speech/webinar. It will help you generate public speaking leads.
- [04:35] Bryan Harris has a helpful tool that helps people find speaking engagements.
- [05:25] Speaker bureaus are a great way to get gigs, but don’t sign an exclusive deal with anyone.
- [05:45] Self-publish books and send them to corporations as a marketing campaign.
- [06:45] Speaking engagements can always lead to other opportunities.
- [07:22] Be patient and scrappy.
- [07:45] It may take a while to land gigs.
- [08:00] Offer bonuses like meet and greets with conference attendees.
- [08:30] That’s it for today!
- [08:34] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1538, we are going to talk about if TV ads are still relevant. In today’s day and age, branding, reach, and impressions are vital, and it is so important to try and zag when everybody el...
In episode #1537, we hear about what to do if you if your Facebook ad account gets banned. With new policies, it is easy to get flagged, highlighting the importance of a backup plan. Tune in today to ...
In episode #1536, we cover the often-dreaded cold email. We hear about what makes a good subject line, Neil and Eric’s personal experience sending cold emails and the importance of having a good bod...