In episode #683, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get paid speaking gigs. Tune in to hear how to land these lucrative opportunities.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get Paid $10,000 For an Hour Speech
- [00:36] If you’ve never done public speaking, you should, because it’s the quickest and easiest way to make money.
- [01:00] If you don’t get paid, you can get compensated in other ways.
- [01:25] Figure out what you want and negotiate for that (accomodations, leads, etc.).
- [01:45] It took Eric 2 years to get a paid speaking gig, but it Neil 4-5.
- [02:00] Don’t expect the get paid from day one.
- [02:35] Make a speaking engagements page on your website.
- [02:45] Make sure you get images and footage of you speaking.
- [03:25] Get comfortable asking about budget and audience demographics.
- [03:53] Create YouTube videos that show you giving a speech/webinar. It will help you generate public speaking leads.
- [04:35] Bryan Harris has a helpful tool that helps people find speaking engagements.
- [05:25] Speaker bureaus are a great way to get gigs, but don’t sign an exclusive deal with anyone.
- [05:45] Self-publish books and send them to corporations as a marketing campaign.
- [06:45] Speaking engagements can always lead to other opportunities.
- [07:22] Be patient and scrappy.
- [07:45] It may take a while to land gigs.
- [08:00] Offer bonuses like meet and greets with conference attendees.
- [08:30] That’s it for today!
- [08:34] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...