In episode #683, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get paid speaking gigs. Tune in to hear how to land these lucrative opportunities.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get Paid $10,000 For an Hour Speech
- [00:36] If you’ve never done public speaking, you should, because it’s the quickest and easiest way to make money.
- [01:00] If you don’t get paid, you can get compensated in other ways.
- [01:25] Figure out what you want and negotiate for that (accomodations, leads, etc.).
- [01:45] It took Eric 2 years to get a paid speaking gig, but it Neil 4-5.
- [02:00] Don’t expect the get paid from day one.
- [02:35] Make a speaking engagements page on your website.
- [02:45] Make sure you get images and footage of you speaking.
- [03:25] Get comfortable asking about budget and audience demographics.
- [03:53] Create YouTube videos that show you giving a speech/webinar. It will help you generate public speaking leads.
- [04:35] Bryan Harris has a helpful tool that helps people find speaking engagements.
- [05:25] Speaker bureaus are a great way to get gigs, but don’t sign an exclusive deal with anyone.
- [05:45] Self-publish books and send them to corporations as a marketing campaign.
- [06:45] Speaking engagements can always lead to other opportunities.
- [07:22] Be patient and scrappy.
- [07:45] It may take a while to land gigs.
- [08:00] Offer bonuses like meet and greets with conference attendees.
- [08:30] That’s it for today!
- [08:34] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...