In Episode #18 Eric and Neil talk about how to get people to open up your emails. They’ll teach you how to up your open rates and avoid the spam folder.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – How to get more people to open up your email.
- 00:50 – Don’t just test the subject line
- 01:05 – The sender name makes a huge impact
- 02:10 – Use a person’s name or a company name
- 02:30 – What are good open rates?
- 02:40 – Look at unique opens.
- 03:00 – Don’t let your open rates drop under 20%
- 03:20 – Remove people who aren’t opening your emails for several months
- 03:40 – Don’t waste money sending emails to people who aren’t interested
- 04:00 – Maropost and Infusionsoft
- 04:15 – An email hack
- 04:25 – Put emojis in your subject line to get people’s attention
- 05:00 – Lower-cased, casual subject lines
- 05:50 – Examples of good subject lines
- 07:00 – Personalized subject lines, using the first name
- 07:40 – It makes it more relevant
- 09:10 – Doing something that makes you stand out
- 09:25 – Watch out for being marked as spam
- 10:20 – See you tomorrow at our next episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t let your open rate fall below 20%.
- Look at your subject line as well as the sender name that you use.
- Make your subject line unique and personal.
- Maropost and Infusionsoft – programs to use for sending out emails
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...