In Episode #18 Eric and Neil talk about how to get people to open up your emails. They’ll teach you how to up your open rates and avoid the spam folder.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – How to get more people to open up your email.
- 00:50 – Don’t just test the subject line
- 01:05 – The sender name makes a huge impact
- 02:10 – Use a person’s name or a company name
- 02:30 – What are good open rates?
- 02:40 – Look at unique opens.
- 03:00 – Don’t let your open rates drop under 20%
- 03:20 – Remove people who aren’t opening your emails for several months
- 03:40 – Don’t waste money sending emails to people who aren’t interested
- 04:00 – Maropost and Infusionsoft
- 04:15 – An email hack
- 04:25 – Put emojis in your subject line to get people’s attention
- 05:00 – Lower-cased, casual subject lines
- 05:50 – Examples of good subject lines
- 07:00 – Personalized subject lines, using the first name
- 07:40 – It makes it more relevant
- 09:10 – Doing something that makes you stand out
- 09:25 – Watch out for being marked as spam
- 10:20 – See you tomorrow at our next episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t let your open rate fall below 20%.
- Look at your subject line as well as the sender name that you use.
- Make your subject line unique and personal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...