In Episode #350, Eric and Neil discuss how to get press like Richard Branson. Tune in to hear about Richard Branson’s unreal PR stunts that put Virgin company on the map! You’ll also find out why standing out and being bold is just what you need to do to make yourself memorable!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Press Like Richard Branson
- 00:40 – Neil learned about how Richard Branson created Virgin during his speaking engagement at VTEX as an opening speaker for Richard Branson
- 01:28 – Richard did a crazy PR stunt when Virgin was just starting and didn’t have enough capital
- 01:44 – Richard used hot air balloons with their name on it so people would be exposed to the brand
- 01:56 – When the London Eye couldn’t be lifted from the ground, Richard had a blimp that flew over London Eye with the message “BA Can’t Get It Up”
- 02:28 – Richard went overboard for his company to grow at a rapid pace
- 02:38 – Richard lives his life how he wants it
- 03:06 – You have to do something remarkable to be memorable
- 03:45 – One thing to learn from Richard Branson is to create crazy and drastic stuff, especially when you’re just starting
- 04:06 – Don’t do something that everyone else is doing
- 04:12 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Richard Branson is known for his crazy, but effective PR stunts.
- When you’re just starting, do something memorable and remarkable.
- Stand out by being YOU.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2473, we talk about where consumer confidence sits right now. The global economy has had to adapt to some pretty major events over the past three years, from a worldwide pandemic to the wa...
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...