In Episode #350, Eric and Neil discuss how to get press like Richard Branson. Tune in to hear about Richard Branson’s unreal PR stunts that put Virgin company on the map! You’ll also find out why standing out and being bold is just what you need to do to make yourself memorable!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Press Like Richard Branson
- 00:40 – Neil learned about how Richard Branson created Virgin during his speaking engagement at VTEX as an opening speaker for Richard Branson
- 01:28 – Richard did a crazy PR stunt when Virgin was just starting and didn’t have enough capital
- 01:44 – Richard used hot air balloons with their name on it so people would be exposed to the brand
- 01:56 – When the London Eye couldn’t be lifted from the ground, Richard had a blimp that flew over London Eye with the message “BA Can’t Get It Up”
- 02:28 – Richard went overboard for his company to grow at a rapid pace
- 02:38 – Richard lives his life how he wants it
- 03:06 – You have to do something remarkable to be memorable
- 03:45 – One thing to learn from Richard Branson is to create crazy and drastic stuff, especially when you’re just starting
- 04:06 – Don’t do something that everyone else is doing
- 04:12 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Richard Branson is known for his crazy, but effective PR stunts.
- When you’re just starting, do something memorable and remarkable.
- Stand out by being YOU.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...