In episode #692, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get wealthy people to respond to your emails. Tune in to hear how you can tempt people into business deals.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to get Rich People to Respond to Your EMails, When You’re a Nobody
- [00:34] Loom is a tool that allows you to make screencast videos up to 10 minutes long.
- [00:54] Someone sent Eric a personalized Loom video that address Eric and his business.
- [01:11] Eric responded, but was ultimately not interested in pursuing a partnership.
- [01:30] The response rate is a lot higher with personalized videos.
- [01:45] Your best technique is to reach out to wealthy heads of companies and let them know what their business is lacking and how you could help them improve.
- [02:30] Neil tried this technique once with a man who owned a social networking site for older people.
- [02:45] Not only did Neil get a response, but he was connected to the CEO.
- [03:01] Eric and Neil once reached out to Zynga.
- [03:25] They had a conversation, but the deal never materialized.
- [03:45] Neil sent someone a package in the mail with cash inside.
- [03:57] The note said the person could keep the money, but asked that they just get on the phone with him for 5 minutes, because he had valuable information for them.
- [04:36] Take Neil’s idea and make it your own.
- [04:45] When you are speaking to someone’s needs, it will get their attention.
- [05:00] If you are consistent, you will be successful.
- [05:10] There are plenty of people having reputation issues. If you acknowledge their dilemma, you can get them on the phone by offering a solution.
- [06:24] That’s it for today!
- [06:28] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...