In Episode #178, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get sales and marketing to work together. Sales and marketing are a vital part of your company whose roles/tasks are mutually dependent on one another. Therefore, it’s wise to get these teams collaborating. Tune in to find out the benefits of having these two teams work together and how to streamline the communication process.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Sales and Marketing to Work Together
- 00:48 – Get both teams together to brainstorm great content and blog post ideas
- 01:07 – Objections can also be answered and conversion rates can go up
- 01:14 – Collaboration is key and people like to work together
- 01:35 – “Most sales organizations are data driven”
- 02:15 – Automate as much as possible
- 02:19 – Improve and keep adjusting the funnel
- 02:40 – Analyze the presentation and be analytical
- 03:16 – Marketing can have a clear understanding of how they can help sales and sales should start closing more
- 03:25 – Use Amplemarket on Slack to see the individuals or leads that are coming in
- 03:43 – Use Clearbit to plug in all your leads and have your sales team crystalize your leads
- 03:54 – Consider this as your Inbound SDR (Sales Development Rep)
- 04:08 – You can use InsideSales that integrates with Salesforce so that you can call people back within 5 minutes
- 04:27 – Have a monthly talk or evaluation about which platform works best
- 04:50 – Have a marketing automation tool like InfusionSoft, Marketo and HubSpot to understand your customer’s experience
- 05:33 – Teams working together gets easier as you do it
- 05:40 – Have a process that works long-term
- 05:45 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make room for your teams to collaborate—that exchange of ideas can lead to great content.
- Take advantage of the online tools that help create a smoother workflow.
- Working together gets easier the more you do it, so integrate a process that works long-term.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...