In Episode #401, Eric and Neil discuss how to get social media traffic when you have no followers and no money. Tune in to learn a few easy tactics that can get people sharing your content. You’ll also find out the importance of reaching out to the RIGHT people.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Social Media Traffic When You Have No Followers (And No Money)
- 00:38 – The easiest way to get traffic is to look at your content
- 00:44 – Google similar keywords that relate to your content and find other posts
- 00:51 – Get the most popular keywords and type them in the Twitter search box
- 00:55 – Email people who have tweets related to your keyword and check if they want to see your post
- 01:28 – Add a note: “If you like it, feel free to share it”
- 01:33 – You’ll get more social shares by doing this
- 01:45 – Growth Everywhere’s Instagram account now has 6400 followers
- 01:53 – Eric redoes the hashtags to engage with people more
- 02:26 – You can build pods with Instagram Direct Messaging where people share their posts with one another
- 02:54 – Join multiple pods, but make sure you’re adding value too
- 03:09 – Reach out to the right kind of people
- 03:22 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:26 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Search your most popular keywords to find posts that are similar to yours—then, reach out to the audiences you find.
- Leverage Instagram, especially their direct message feature to find potential followers.
- Make sure you’re adding value to those you reach out to.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...