In Episode #180, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get started with affiliate marketing. What is affiliate marketing and how can this benefit your brand and company? Tune in to find out how to be successful in affiliate marketing and the essential guidelines for setting it up.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing
- 00:35 – Affiliate marketing is performance marketing
- 01:10 – The commission will depend on the industry and products
- 01:39 – Affiliate marketing is getting other marketers to push your product
- 01:47 – Affiliate Marketing One Hour a Day by Evgenii Prussakov
- 02:06 – It’s about the traffic you can get and what you can promote that is relevant to the offer
- 02:52 – You can also do paid advertising
- 03:05 – Cheap traffic sources are Facebook and Pinterest
- 03:26 – LeadDyno and Getambassador are great tools
- 04:07 – Have specific guidelines set up so your brand won’t get destroyed by the affiliate
- 04:25 – Go to any popular affiliate network and see what offers convert the best
- 04:52 – If your conversions are not done right, you’re not going to have any revenue
- 05:24 – In Clickbanks,their metrics helps you guide your conversion
- 05:48 – Credit Karma tells you the credit score
- 06:00 – TPG or The Points Guy is doing affiliate marketing really well
- 06:27 – Make sure that whatever you do in affiliate marketing, it’s for the long term
- 06:34 – Look for long-term legitimate companies and not shady ones
- 06:56 – Use Pretty Link which is a WordPress plugin to cloak your links
- 07:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Affiliate marketing is performance marketing.
- Look for companies you can work with for the long term—don’t fall for shady affiliates that can possibly ruin your brand.
- Get your conversions right—do the work to understand everything you can about affiliate marketing.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...