In Episode #180, Eric and Neil discuss how you can get started with affiliate marketing. What is affiliate marketing and how can this benefit your brand and company? Tune in to find out how to be successful in affiliate marketing and the essential guidelines for setting it up.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing
- 00:35 – Affiliate marketing is performance marketing
- 01:10 – The commission will depend on the industry and products
- 01:39 – Affiliate marketing is getting other marketers to push your product
- 01:47 – Affiliate Marketing One Hour a Day by Evgenii Prussakov
- 02:06 – It’s about the traffic you can get and what you can promote that is relevant to the offer
- 02:52 – You can also do paid advertising
- 03:05 – Cheap traffic sources are Facebook and Pinterest
- 03:26 – LeadDyno and Getambassador are great tools
- 04:07 – Have specific guidelines set up so your brand won’t get destroyed by the affiliate
- 04:25 – Go to any popular affiliate network and see what offers convert the best
- 04:52 – If your conversions are not done right, you’re not going to have any revenue
- 05:24 – In Clickbanks,their metrics helps you guide your conversion
- 05:48 – Credit Karma tells you the credit score
- 06:00 – TPG or The Points Guy is doing affiliate marketing really well
- 06:27 – Make sure that whatever you do in affiliate marketing, it’s for the long term
- 06:34 – Look for long-term legitimate companies and not shady ones
- 06:56 – Use Pretty Link which is a WordPress plugin to cloak your links
- 07:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Affiliate marketing is performance marketing.
- Look for companies you can work with for the long term—don’t fall for shady affiliates that can possibly ruin your brand.
- Get your conversions right—do the work to understand everything you can about affiliate marketing.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...