In episode #1013, we discuss how to get started with paid performance marketing. Tune in to hear our tips for making this type of marketing work for you.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Get Started with Paid Performance Marketing
- [00:40] Affiliate marketing can be performance marketing.
- [01:05] Paid performance marketing is taking a financial risk, but getting paid per lead.
- [01:25] Neil thinks it is running paid ads.
- [01:40] Facebook loves paid ads.
- [02:02] Go to your competitors’ fan pages and look at their info and ads link.
- [02:26] SEMRush is good for this research, as well.
- [03:25] Tracking and attribution is important.
- [03:34] Leaddyno is a great tool for this.
- [04:02] De-risk yourself when starting out and start with a smaller budget that you can afford to lose.
- [04:41] Focus on one area before you focus on too many things and spread yourself thin.
- [05:19] That’s it for today!
- [05:24] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our free live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...