In Episode #363, Eric and Neil discuss how to get more traffic from Google News. Eric is currently going through the process of what it takes to be featured on Google News. He breaks down the requirements of Google News as well as the BENEFITS for your company to be featured by this incredible source.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Get Traffic From Google News
- 00:37 – Google News is an incredible place where you can be featured
- 01:00 – Being featured as a company will drive more traffic
- 01:10 – You have to pass certain requirements in order to be featured
- 01:23 – You need unique URLS
- 01:33 – You need HTML articles
- 01:43 – They don’t accept audio files
- 01:46 – Create a Google news site map
- 01:54 – Eric is currently in the process of going through the Google News’ requirements
- 02:00 – They use Yoast plugin
- 02:18 – For Google News, you need to write content that is broad in scope
- 02:25 – If you do an article about Google, your traffic will boost
- 02:40 – The more broad the article is coupled with a higher click-through rate, the more people will tend to keep reading and generate more traffic
- 02:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which helps you increase your conversion rate
- 03:42 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Being featured on Google News WILL drive more traffic to your website.
- Write articles with topics that are broad in scope and which lead to high click-through rate.
- Do your best to comply to every one of the requirements needed to be featured on Google News.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...