In episode #1167, we discuss how you can get your first speaking gig and turn it into a paid activity over time. It’s all about applying until you get accepted and being consistent in showing up for these kinds of events. Tune in to hear where you should go to apply and what you should do to ensure successful delivery.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Get Your First Speaking Gig.
- [00:30] Neil and Eric’s earliest speaking events and how they got started.
- [01:25] Why you should care about getting a speaking gig.
- [01:52] Considering how you can add value rather than the number of customers you can get.
- [02:05] How you get asked to speak, doing it for free and when you start getting paid.
- [02:45] Realizing that it takes time, gaining experience and increasing your price as you go.
- [03:08] Examples of places where you can apply online and volunteer to speak.
- [03:40] Preparing good content, inquiring about the audience and asking what they want.
- [03:57] Nathan Latka’s refreshing approach to his interview with Ashton Kutcher.
- [04:47] The importance of speaking consistently and always asking for feedback.
- [05:19] That’s it for today!
- [05:20] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...