In episode #1387, we talk about how to go from total newbie to SEO expert in record time. Eric takes listeners through the three websites he made as a beginner, highlighting the importance of learning by making mistakes while building one’s own projects. Other topics include how to build your first WordPress site, how to use keywords, and how to get hired within six months as an SEO expert!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Go from Total Newbie to SEO Expert in Record Time.
- [00:36] Practicing on your own website, a faster approach than learning from resources.
- [01:03] How to start a WordPress website and tweak it to gain SEO insights.
- [02:02] Lessons Eric learned making a website to showcase light shows.
- [02:33] Don’t build your business around one targeted keyword.
- [03:10] The necessity of taking a few blows while experimenting to truly learn the game.
- [03:44] Why you should pick a brand-based rather than keyword-rich domain name.
- [04:38] The six month timeline in which Eric built three websites and then got hired.
- [05:18] Taking grey and black hat strategies and applying them to white hat sites.
- [05:29] That’s it for today!
- [05:31] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1398 we give you seven unique blog post angles that drive a flood of traffic. From creating visualizations of other popular posts to hosting expert interviews and documenting how you solve...
In episode #1397, we talk about seven simple ways to save money on your marketing! Almost everyone is looking to cut costs at the moment and your marketing budget should be no different. Tune in to he...
In episode #1396, we talk about where the good investment opportunities are right now. In the middle of the current pandemic, the only safe action would be putting some money into the stock market, ev...