In episode #1387, we talk about how to go from total newbie to SEO expert in record time. Eric takes listeners through the three websites he made as a beginner, highlighting the importance of learning by making mistakes while building one’s own projects. Other topics include how to build your first WordPress site, how to use keywords, and how to get hired within six months as an SEO expert!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Go from Total Newbie to SEO Expert in Record Time.
- [00:36] Practicing on your own website, a faster approach than learning from resources.
- [01:03] How to start a WordPress website and tweak it to gain SEO insights.
- [02:02] Lessons Eric learned making a website to showcase light shows.
- [02:33] Don’t build your business around one targeted keyword.
- [03:10] The necessity of taking a few blows while experimenting to truly learn the game.
- [03:44] Why you should pick a brand-based rather than keyword-rich domain name.
- [04:38] The six month timeline in which Eric built three websites and then got hired.
- [05:18] Taking grey and black hat strategies and applying them to white hat sites.
- [05:29] That’s it for today!
- [05:31] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1430, we share seven remote work trends that will impact your business! As the world changes in front of our eyes, remote work has been a distinct component of the professional world durin...
In episode #1429, we unpack Google's upcoming algorithm update! Google is taking more care than ever around user experience and it seems their new updates will be no different. We talk about the reaso...
In episode #1428, we talk about what you can learn from black hat SEOs! There is a whole array of strategies and tactics out there to grow you brand and boost your traffic, and some are more within th...