In episode #1387, we talk about how to go from total newbie to SEO expert in record time. Eric takes listeners through the three websites he made as a beginner, highlighting the importance of learning by making mistakes while building one’s own projects. Other topics include how to build your first WordPress site, how to use keywords, and how to get hired within six months as an SEO expert!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Go from Total Newbie to SEO Expert in Record Time.
- [00:36] Practicing on your own website, a faster approach than learning from resources.
- [01:03] How to start a WordPress website and tweak it to gain SEO insights.
- [02:02] Lessons Eric learned making a website to showcase light shows.
- [02:33] Don’t build your business around one targeted keyword.
- [03:10] The necessity of taking a few blows while experimenting to truly learn the game.
- [03:44] Why you should pick a brand-based rather than keyword-rich domain name.
- [04:38] The six month timeline in which Eric built three websites and then got hired.
- [05:18] Taking grey and black hat strategies and applying them to white hat sites.
- [05:29] That’s it for today!
- [05:31] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...